Thursday, May 1, 2008

Spontaneous Cheese

I promised I would be back. And now I am. 


To tell a story about cheese. Yes, cheese. 

But before I get into any cheesy details, let me apologize for my long absence (what else is new?) Spring has opened the floodgates of life, and it seems it has also opened the floodgates of new responsibilities and chores that smother a person and leave him with no time to breathe, let alone blog. 

Speech season is over for the year. I'm staying home this time--but my little brother Eric is going to Alabama in June for the NCFCA Nationals in Team Policy Debate! This came after he won the award for Team Policy Debate Speaker Champion (1st place debate speaker) for the entire Northeast region, to boot. Why didn't he do this for me last year??? I smell a conspiracy...

...or maybe it's not a conspiracy. Maybe I'm smelling the vacuum cheese. Yes, I said vacuum cheese. 

To make a long story short, last week a gallon of milk spilled onto the downstairs rug. After vacuuming it up with a wet/dry vacuum, I put the vacuum on the counter, walked away, and forgot the whole thing. 

Until today, when my dad remembered the vacuum and told me to empty the milk from its tank. The only problem was, the stuff in the tank wasn't milk anymore. 







Yum. (This is actually the same kind of stuff we put on pizza?) 

The worse part is, these white globs actually smelled like cheese. (And felt like it, too). 

Oh, well. Who ever said you couldn't learn science from your vacuum cleaner? 

6 comments:

jb said...

That was a very interesting post, Aaron! I have never before read about or even known about vaccuum cheese! Well done.

Aaron C said...

Thank you...I had no idea vacuum cheese existed before this, either.

It's fun finding out about it, though.

Zuzusmoosher said...

Wow, that's pretty crazy.

I'm finally back in the blogoshpere, btw!

Zuzusmoosher said...

blogosphere*

Aaron C said...

Oh, yeah, now that it's summertime...

Zuzusmoosher said...

You're right, it's not for all cancer. I'm pretty sure it's only applicable to colon and prostate cancer; however, the method of killing them could be slightly altered to work for other kinds of cancer.