Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm Back...For Five Minutes

Due to several loving prods of encouragement from certain bloggers I know (ahem...we don't point fingers here, so I will refrain myself...)...


...I AM BACK! 

For a grand total of 5 minutes. 

I am leaving to go to a three-day tournament at the Foundation for Economic Education in New York in three and a half hours, so I must move quickly. Let's see, what has happened since January? 

Observation #1. Mike Huckabee is gone. Yeah, we broke our backs getting out to Londonderry to see him, and then what? The guy loses the nomination. I wanted to be able to brag to everybody that I saw the president!....Oh well, I'll give him a break--winning a nomination is not easy to do. And besides, John McCain is the Republican nominee now. If he wins, my bragging rights are still intact.

And hey, Huck might win the Vice-Presidency, anyway...

Observation #2. Philip is ridiculously good at Tic-Tac-Toe. You know it's bad day when you lose three games in a row to your six-year-old brother. The first time I was thinking "Hey, this'll be easy"....and two moves later, Philip is sticking the paper in my face and grinning without giving it to me. It took me three full seconds to see the ominous row of three straight O's scrawled vertically in the side column. 

It happened again during the second game, and the third game. 

(Confidential note: the second-game loss was not due to any Tic-Tac-Toe ineptness...rather, it was due to the loving bestowment of wise judgment on the part of an older brother...) 

Observation #3. I have no more current observations. 

But don't worry. I shall return! 

(As Douglas McArthur said to the Phillippines...) 

2 comments:

Zuzusmoosher said...

Hooray! He lives!

I knew that prodding would help :D

And that's actually really funny about how your little brother beat you at tic-tac-toe. Heehee, you taught him too well.

jb said...

Yay! REally glad you're back for five minutes. Philip is The Man.