Thursday, September 27, 2007

Misplacing Calculators

Everyone has idiosyncrasies . Unfortunately, I have discovered one of my own over the past few school weeks. I am infamous for...

... misplacing calculators .

*GASP* *INSERT SCARY MUSIC*

You wouldn't believe I was capable of such a heinous crime, would you?

Yesterday, I was happily ready to tackle physics problems when I realized that I had no idea where my calculator was. Which would have been no problem except for the fact that tackling physics problems without a calculator is like going to the plate in the World Series without a bat.

The last place I had seen the calculator was in jeans I wore the previous day--but, alas, when I checked the pockets of the jeans (flung over the hamper), there was no calculator to be found.

The solution? The "confiscation" of one of Eric's calculators (which he uses for sports statistics. DON'T WORRY--HE HAS ANOTHER ONE!!!)

Half an hour later I was done with physics and wanted to check algebra. And then, like a light-bulb going off in my head, I was struck with a deep revelation:

I had no idea where Eric's calculator was.

The solution? The "confiscation" of Bethany's calculator. (She doesn't have an extra one).

Immediately I began trying to tidy up the shelves in the dining room (where I was standing), because I was in the process of looking for something else and I hate looking for stuff in cluttered places. (I'm a wannabe neat freak). Ten seconds into the search, I was struck by yet another startling realization:

I had no idea where Bethany's calculator was.

Good thing that I happened to look down and see it lying on the shelf two feet below me.

P.S. This morning I moved my hamper while stuffing clothes inside it. Guess what was behind the hamper? (And had apparently fallen out of the pocket of my flung-over-the-hamper jeans...)

My calculator.

WOOTZORZ! (That's John's phrase, but I confiscated two calculators. Why can't I confiscate a trademark exclamation of happiness?)

19 comments:

Joshua Bradbury said...

Aaron, Aaron, Aaron! First you tell me to shut up, then you push me for no reason, then you wanna run things over with a pick up truck, now you're using mafia cover up words like "convisgate," and stealing electronics! WHADDUP WITH YOU?! lol jk bro, your cool.

Aaron C said...

"Convi..." what???

Zuzusmoosher said...

Lol, funny stuff Aaron, I've had similar moments.

John said...

You're totally welcome to it :)

Aaron C said...

Hey, I forgot you had a blog, Nick...I'll put a link to it.

jb said...

That's a FUNNY story Aaron! Well Done! Wootzorz yourself! But, I want to know, did you ever find Eric's calculator? Bethany's was on the shelf, yours was behind the hamper, where did Eric's disappear to?

Maybe you could get one of those chains that guys use to chain their wallets to their jeans, only you could chain your calculator! (At least I think that's what guys use those chains for. I don't REALLY know.)

Aaron C said...

Um...unfortunately, no, I haven't found Eric's calculator yet. What's even weirder is that he hasn't even MISSED it yet.

Zuzusmoosher said...

XD <------(cracking-up smiley face)

jb said...

Aaron, would you please delete my full last name from your posts/list of blogs? I have security-related fears, and I'd like to list your blog on mine, but don't want the world-at-large to know my last name. You could list me as "Mrs. B" if that's okay. Thank you!

Aaron C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coop said...

Oh yes I have missed it. I just have another one, so I haven't made a big stink about it :P

John said...

Aaron was that sarcastic?! LOL!!

Zuzusmoosher said...

LOL I noticed that too. I somehow think that was accidental.

Anyhow, Aaron, I'd fix it before Mrs. B. slashes you from her links.

Sophie said...

hahha funny story, I laughed. maybe Eric's calculator is hiding...from what...I do not know.

Symeria said...

What do you have against calculators?! I'm not such a math freak myself, but I at least respect the poor little guys. They make math easier, and pressing their buttons is fun.=)

Coop said...

Yeah, what do you have against calculators? Calculators are a necessity for people like me who calcutate very in-depth statistics. Why don't you try finding quarterback rating without a calculator? :P

Zuzusmoosher said...

Aaron, I'll say it again in case you haven't noticed, but when Mrs. B. asked you not to put her full name, you said, "No problem, Mrs. B*****" In other words you just did what she asked you not to. LOL it was pretty funny but I think you should fix it.

Aaron C said...

Whoops, sorry. Sometimes I don't get to checking my blog in a little while.

matt bradbury said...

wow that is funny. I agree. I have had occurances like that... and you should have a chain for your calculator